This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure
Are you looking for the best travel with kids quotes? These inspirational family travel quotes are sure to have you planning your next family adventure in no time! From funny quotes about travelling with kids to deep and meaningful quotes that will have you contemplating the bigger picture!
While travelling with kids can be an incredible experience, some parents may feel reluctant to embark on family adventures. Concerns about kids not remembering any of the experiences or the difficulties that can come with travelling with little ones can make it easy to stick to familiar routines and stay close to home.
However, with the right mindset and a little inspiration, family travel can be an enriching and rewarding experience for parents and kids alike.
That’s where these travel with kids quotes come in! Whether you need a little encouragement or are already planning your next family trip, these inspiring quotes about family travel and adventure are sure to get you and your kids excited about exploring the world together.
Our Favourite Family Travel Quotes
We love all these quotes about family travel, however, these top 10 favourites are the ones that resonate with us the most:
1. “There will never be a perfect time to travel with your children, so do it now, before the opportunity passes you by. You can’t turn back time.” –AJ and Natasha
As a parent, it’s understandable to feel hesitant about taking your kids on a big trip, especially if you are considering an overseas holiday with kids, but remember that the benefits of travel can last a lifetime.
We don’t regret any of the travels we have done with kids. Even taking a 1-year-old on a Halong Bay cruise (where she got sick), the memories of her charming the crew members, dancing on deck and kayaking between the limestone rocks will always be special to us.
And she loves looking at the photos!
2.“Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Dr. Seuss
Like many families, we have suffered great losses in the past. This can really change your perspective on what you will and won’t compromise on. Choosing travel and adventure is us not living in regret.
My eldest daughter will also tell you that “That Dr. Seuss guy says some very wise things.”
3.“There are no perfect parents and there are no perfect children, but there are plenty of perfect moments along the way.” – Dave Willis
This is so very true! There’s no point denying that there won’t be some horrible moments. Tantrums and tears, everyone tired after a big day exploring, short tempers. But those moments pass and they aren’t the ones we remember when we get home!
4.“If we experienced life through the eyes of a child, everything would be magical and extraordinary. Let our curiosity, adventure and wonder of life never end.” – Akiane Kramarik
How true is this? Even if we’ve been somewhere many times before, seeing it for the first time with kids makes it feel like a whole new experience all over again!
5. “Actually the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” -Lewis Carroll
We didn’t travel much when I was a kid. It wasn’t as accessible back in the 80s and 90s for Australians to travel abroad. We did do a lot of family road trips though and Gold Coast beach trips.
You don’t need to be able to afford a round-the-world trip to make those memories precious to your kids. There is plenty of adventure you can have closer to home too.
6. “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.” – Og Mandino
These two quotes are somewhat similar in meaning but I love them both equally. Happy memories go beyond adventures though.
7.“The best education you will ever get is traveling. Nothing teaches you more than exploring the world and accumulating experiences.” – Mark Paterson
There is no classroom-like world schooling! Seeing things in person ignites such a passion and really helps the impact sink in, compared to learning about the same thing from a book.
Our kids do attend a traditional school. We don’t travel full time but one day I’d love to home-school on the road for a year or more.
8.“If you waited until you had all your ducks in a row, you’d never make a move. Sometimes you have to gather what you can and make a run for it.” -Lynn Toler
Intentional living is something that has been a huge focus for me these last few years. I heard a comment on a podcast once about how life isn’t a dress rehearsal and to stop treating it as such.
This quote sums that up well – because there will never be a point in your life when everything feels like it is completely perfect! Life isn’t meant to be perfect. It’s meant to be lived.
Maybe I should turn that into my own quote…
9.“In the end, kids won’t remember that fancy toy you bought them, they will remember the time you spent with them.” – Kevin Heath
There’s no doubt that kids can be very materialistic. And that’s perfectly normal! But if someone asks you what your favourite childhood memories are, chances are they didn’t include playing with the latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figurine!
We always gift our kids a combination of what they want and experience gifts for this reason.
10.“No amount of money ever bought a second of time.”- Tony Stark, Avengers: Endgame
I never resist the chance to slip in a little Marvel nerdiness. My girls and I are Marvel-obsessed. Simon is slowly coming around!
But these wise words of Tony Stark are such a perfect perspective when it comes to being intentional with our time.
We can’t get it back. Working 10000 hours in a job we hate won’t allow us to buy those moments back either. So don’t work harder than you need to, to create a life you actually love!
Funny Travel With Kids Quotes
One of the most important things you need to pack when you travel with kids is your sense of humour!
Well, let’s be real! A sense of humour helps on every trip, whether it’s a camping trip with your friends or a solo adventure across the world, but it is definitely a necessity for family travels!
These funny family travel quotes make great Instagram captions for those less-than-perfect moments on the road too:
11. “A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together and annoy each other in interesting and new places.” – Tom Lichtenheld
12. “There are two kinds of travel: first class and with children.”– Robert Benchley
13. “Kids won’t remember their best day of television.”
14. “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” – Franklin P. Jones
15. “My favourite childhood memory is my parents paying for my holidays.”
16. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
Short Travelling With Kids Quotes
Sometimes short and sweet says a lot! These short family vacation quotes and captions are still sure to get you reflecting on the importance of experiencing the world together:
17.“We all smile in the same language.”
I have always loved this quote and the fact that nothing reminds you more of this point than travelling abroad with kids. They don’t need to speak the same language to play together.
We always love seeing our kids make friends at airports or playgrounds even though they can’t understand a word the other says.
18. “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life. – Robin Sharma
19. “Together is our favourite place to be.”
20.“Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid to try.” – Michael Jordan
21.“People forget the years and remember moments” – Ann Beattie
22. “Don’t wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect.”
23. “A family that travels together stays together.”
24. “Home is people. Not a place.” – Robin Hobb
25.“To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
26. “Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions.” – Peter Hoeg
This couldn’t be more accurate than travelling with kids and teens. The good and the not-so-good emotions, but usually the good ones make up for those not-so-fun moments.
27. “There is no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.”
28. “Having kids is a reason to travel, never a reason to stop.”
29. “Don’t just tell your children about the world. Show them.”
30.“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
Inspirational Family Vacation Quotes
These inspirational family travel quotes will get you thinking about the bigger picture of why the gift of travel is so meaningful for kids and families. The adventure quotes for kids and parents really get you contemplating how to fit more new experiences into the life we have, with the resources we have.
31. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
32. “When you travel with children you are giving something that can never be taken away: Experience, exposure and a way of life.” – Pamela T. Chandler
33. “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so… Get on your way.”–Dr. Seuss
34. “There are two worlds: the world we can measure with line and rule, and the world that we feel with our hearts and imagination.” -Leigh Hunt
35. “Don’t be that person who is too busy when you are young and then too tired when you are old.”
36. “Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.”
37. “Travel sparks our imagination, feeds our curiosity, and reminds us how much we all have in common.” – Deborah LLoyd
38. “Travelling with kids is like embarking on a great adventure, full of unexpected twists and turns.”
39. “Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.” – Emma Chase
This is one of the reasons why we love road trips with kids! They have become one of our favourite ways to really get to know a place beyond the guidebook experience!
And that’s surprising to me now, since I have always been a terrible car traveller!
I am prone to motion sickness and my poor family had plenty of ick on our road trips when I was a kid. Even now, I can’t do more than 3-4 hours a day in the car but I wouldn’t want to either.
Shorter drives = more time to explore somewhere new!
40. “As with any journey, who you travel with is more important than the destination.”
41. “Family travel is not just about the destination, it’s about the journey of discovery together.”
42. “Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings.” – Hodding Carter.
43. “I think that the best thing we can do for our children is to allow them to do things for themselves, allow them to be strong, allow them to experience life on their own terms, allow them to take the subway… let them be better people, let them believe more in themselves.” – JoyBell C
This is a little less about travel with kids and a little more about taking a step back and letting our kids find their way. Let them be brave and try new things. It’s a sure way to help raise confident kids!
44. “Every day we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” – Charles R Swindoll
45. “The best souvenirs from family travel are the memories that last a lifetime.”
46. “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.”– Leigh Hunt
47. “Exploring the world with your children is a priceless gift that keeps on giving.”
48.“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
49. “Happiness is planning a trip to somewhere new, with someone you love.”
50. “Family travel may come with its challenges, but the rewards of seeing the world through your child’s eyes are immeasurable.”
51. “What’s your favorite place?” “I don’t have a favorite place. I have my favorite people. And, whenever I’m with my favorite people, it becomes my favorite place.”
52. “Deciding not to travel with kids because they won’t remember, is like not reading them books because they won’t remember the stories you read them.”
53. “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” – Trenton Lee Stewart
54.“Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” – Bob Talbert
55. “Travel is like an endless university. You never stop learning.” – Harvey Lloyd
Not only does travel allow you to bond as a family and create unforgettable memories, but it can also broaden your children’s perspective and expose them to new cultures and ways of life. Family trips should be part of education!
56. “At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict, or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, a parent.” – Barbara Bush
57. “The more risks you allow your children to take, the better they learn to look after themselves.” – Roald Dahl
58. “We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.” – Benjamin Franklin
59. “Time in nature is not leisure time; it’s an essential investment in our children’s health (and also, by the way, on our own).” – Richard Louv
60. “Nature is a tool to get children to experience not just the wider world but themselves.” – Stephen Moss
61. “Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience.” -Francis Bacon
62. “Sometimes the greatest meals on vacations are the ones you find when Plan A falls through.” – Anthony Bourdain
63. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddam mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
64. “Once the travel bug bites there is no antidote. And I know that I will be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin
65. “And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.”
66. “Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life.” – John Muir
67. “We have such a brief opportunity to pass on to our children our love for this Earth and to tell our stories. These are the moments when the world is made whole. In my children’s memories, the adventures we’ve had together in nature will always exist.” – Richard Louv
68. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
69. “As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.” – A.A. Milne
70. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Scott Cameron
How To Use These Family Travel Quotes
These travelling family quotes can be used to create your own wall posters at home, daily inspirational quote cards, and slogans for t-shirts or accessories or you can share the images on social media instead!
My favourite tool for creating my own graphics (like the images in this article) and for making printable posters, is Canva. It’s a free program and it’s super easy to learn!
These travel with kids quotes and family quotes about adventure are sure to inspire your urge to plan that next trip together! If these past few years have taught us anything, it is that nothing is guaranteed. Not even the experience of travel!
So if you can, make those memories now! You never know what is just around the corner.
You can find more inspirational travel quotes & captions below: