This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure
Are you looking for the best adventure quotes for kids? These inspiring quotes about adventure for kids are perfect for encouraging them to embrace new experiences and develop an interest in new places and cultures.
These adventure quotes for children are a fun way to motivate curious minds and inspire them to seek their own adventures, whether those adventures are family travel adventures or solo adventures closer to home.
Raising Adventurous Kids: Be Curious, Confident & Courageous
We all want the best for our children and want to inspire them to experience the world around them, but not all kids are natural adventure-seekers!
Some kids tread with caution and it can take a little more gentle encouragement to get them to try new things and want to see new places.
There are many benefits to raising adventurous kids.
Encouraging children to take risks and try new things can help them develop a sense of competence and mastery over their environment, leading to greater self-esteem and confidence in their abilities.
Additionally, adventurous experiences can help kids develop a more diverse set of skills and knowledge, better resilience, confidence, creativity and problem-solving skills, as well as a deeper appreciation for different cultures and ways of life.
By nurturing a sense of curiosity and exploration in our children, we can help them grow into well-rounded individuals who are equipped to navigate the challenges and opportunities of the world around them.
The Best Adventure Quotes For Kids
One of the best parts of being a child is the view of the magical world around us! They don’t need to go to Disneyland to experience that magic and wonder (although I’m sure they wouldn’t say no).
Kids can see beauty in little things and face the world with a perspective that is so innocent and so uniquely them.
One of my favourite reasons to travel with kids is to see everything through their eyes. Even if visiting somewhere we’ve been before when you see it for the first time through their eyes, it’s like seeing it for the first time all over again!
And that makes every second of every day a new adventure!
Here are some of our favourite family adventure quotes to encourage a passion for exciting new things and places:
1. “Oh the places you’ll go!” – Dr. Seuss
2. “Not all who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
3. “It’s not the destination, it’s the journey.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
This one will always resonate with me! And it’s something I try and teach our kids too. We are the ones in control of our future. While we can’t control everything that happens to us, we can control how we react to it and what actions we are taking!
5. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Mohammad Ali
6. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
7. “Happy memories about big adventures make the best stories.”
8. “Travel sparks our imagination, feeds our curiosity, and reminds us how much we all have in common.” – Deborah LLoyd
I love this one particularly when it comes to helping break down those prejudices, especially around different races and cultures. Teaching our kids to accept differences and embrace them, but better still, to seek common ground, is a wonderful way to grow up in a diverse world!
9. “I want an adventure in the great wide somewhere.” – Belle, Beauty & The Beast
10. “Sometimes, the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to – it’s not for them.” – Joubert Botha
11. “The best education you will ever get is traveling. Nothing teaches you more than exploring the world and accumulating experiences.” – Mark Patterson
There’s a lot you can learn outside of the classroom. It teaches life skills, encourages us to embrace culture and diversity and it makes those things you learn in books come to life.
12. “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin” – Tony Robbins
13. “One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” -William Feather
Often inspirational quotes are the wake-up call we all need to remind us to stop going through the motions and start living life intentionally. I love this perspective of life as one big adventure! Why shouldn’t it be?
14. “Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience.” –Francis Bacon
15. “The world is not in your books and maps, it’s out there.” – Gandalf, The Hobbit
16. “Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to make.” – Angela N Blount
17. “To live will be an awfully big adventure.” –Peter Pan
18. “We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.” – Benjamin Franklin
19. “Kids won’t remember their best day of television.”
20. “You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide
21. “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” -Lao Tzu
22. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” – Dumbledore, Harry Potter & The Philosophers Stone.
23. “Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.” -Karen Gibbs
24. “Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures lead us to our destiny.” – The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe
25. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it’s lethal.” -Paulo Coelho
26. “The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.” – John Connor, Terminator 2: Judgement Day
27. “I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up.” – Jack Dawson, Titanic
28. “Life is meant for good friends and great adventures.”
29. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton
30. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.”– Tim Cahill
31. “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” – Bilbo Baggins, Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
32. “I knew when I met you an adventure was going to happen.” – A.A. Milne
33. “There are two worlds: the world we can measure with line and rule, and the world that we feel with our hearts and imagination.” -Leigh Hunt
34. “The journey, not the arrival, matters.” – T.S. Eliot
35. “The world is full of wonderful things you haven’t seen yet. Don’t ever give up on the chance of seeing them.” – J.K. Rowling
36. “Being brave isn’t the absence of fear. Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it.” -Bear Grylls
This is a great reminder that no one is without fear! So don’t wait for your fear to disappear before you try something new.
Human beings need to feel those emotions to keep us safe, but they also make sure we feel super proud of ourselves when we conquer something we didn’t think we were capable of!
37. “Every adventure starts with a curious mind and a brave heart.”
38. “Roads were made for journeys, not destinations.” – Confucius
39. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” – Lewis Carroll
40. “Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman.
41. “On this journey that you’re making, there’ll be answers that you’ll seek. And it’s you who’ll climb the mountain. It’s you who’ll reach the peak.” – Tarzan
42. “As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.”– Winnie The Pooh
43. “In fairy tales it’s always the children who have the fine adventures” – Audrey Niffenegger
44. “Home is people. Not a place.” – Robin Hobb
45. “Explore the world and discover the magic within yourself.”
46. “The best adventures are the ones that challenge us to go beyond our comfort zone.”
47. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Winnie the Pooh
Who knew a cartoon bear could be so wise? In all seriousness though, truer words were never spoken! We are all so much more capable than we think we are.
48. “Travel is rich with learning opportunities, and the ultimate souvenir is a broader perspective.” – Rick Steves
49. “Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before.” – The Dalai Lama
This is something I try and make a habit with our family. Once a year, we try and go to a whole new destination. But in between, we try and fit in lots of other closer-to-home places we’ve never been before too. Not all adventure needs to take you far.
50. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
51. “To Travel is to Live.” – Hans Christian Andersen.
52. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
53. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”
54. “Adventure awaits those who are curious and courageous enough to seek it.”
55. “Take a step into the unknown and find yourself on an unforgettable adventure.”
56. “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.” – Chinese Proverb.
57. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” –Robert Louis Steveson
58. “In the end, kids won’t remember that fancy toy you bought them, they will remember the time you spent with them.” – Kevin Heath
I love this quote so much because it is so true! At the end of the day, looking back to your own childhood, you aren’t remembering the toy you loved when you were 8.
You are remembering that place you went for family vacations! Or that time your brother fell in the mud while camping. Or learning to surf for the first time.
Young kids love material possessions but when they look back, they will appreciate the memories you made together!
59. “Let the children free; encourage them; let them run outside when it is raining; let them remove their shoes when they find a puddle of water; and, when the grass of the meadows is damp with dew, let them run on it and trample it with their bare feet; let them rest peacefully when a tree invites them to sleep beneath its shade; let them shout and laugh when the sun wakes them in the morning.” -Dr Maria Montessori
60. “Time in nature is not leisure time; it’s an essential investment in our children’s health (and also, by the way, on our own).” -Richard Louv
61. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
62. “You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so… get on your way!” – Dr Seuss
63. “You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.” – Dr. Seuss
64. “A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd
65. “Life is short and the world is wide.” – Simon Raven
66. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee
67. “Always take the scenic route, you never know what adventures you will find.”
68. “Map out your future – but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.” – Jon Bon Jovi
69. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.”
70. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
“71. May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” –Trenton Lee Stewart
72. “Adventure is not outside man; it is within.” – George Eliot
73. “I Can’t Control Their Fear, Only My Own.” – Wanda Maximoff, Captain America: Civil War
74. “Travelling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
So very true! Even the youngest travellers come home with their own stories to share!
75. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
76. “No amount of money ever bought a second of time.”– Tony Stark, Avengers: Endgame
77. “Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrate it for everything that it is.” – Mandy Hale
THIS! I love this quote so much. So much of the time we spend so much energy worrying about what we think we should be doing, how we think we should be and how we can change. But what about the beauty that is our life right now?
A positive outlook from an early age is one of the best gifts you can give to your child!
78. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru
79. “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.”
80. “The best view comes after the hardest climb.”
How satisfying is that moment when you conquer a steep hike and get to take in the view at the end? If you haven’t experienced that feeling yet, add it to your adventure list!
How To Use These Family & Children Adventure Quotes
These adventure quotes for kids can be used to create your own wall posters at home, daily inspirational quote cards, and slogans for t-shirts or accessories or you can share the images on social media instead!
My favourite tool for creating my own graphics (like the images in this article) and for making printable posters, is Canva. It’s a free program and it’s super easy to learn!
These inspirational adventure quotes will help inspire bravery, courage and wonder in young kids, older kids and teens. Adventure doesn’t always mean travel either. It could mean exploring a different walking trail near home or trying new foods. Adventure can be big or small!
Here are more inspirational quotes you might like: